EL
Greek Travel Pages

LIVADOCHORI (NEK), Village, LEMNOS (LIMNOS)

You are here GREECE LEMNOS (LIMNOS) LIVADOCHORI

LIVADOCHORI Village LEMNOS (LIMNOS)

Overview

  Livadochori is first referred in 1355. As it is located in the center of a fertile plain it was quickly developed. Part ot its importance must be due to the neighbouring Monastery of Aghios Pavlos, where the Limnian Metropolis was transferred after 1390 and before 1447. This Monastery possessed a quite large region, the most fertile on the island. It was said that Constandinos Palaiologos himself gave the Monastery to the Limnian population in order to use its income for educational and ecclesiastical purposes. In the beginning of the 19th century a Sultan's document was granted to the Christian community. Since then it is administered by a Pallimnian Committte.
This text (extract) is cited May 2003 from the Lemnos Provincial Government tourist pamphlet (1997).

Find within LIVADOCHORI

Domestic sea schedules


Additional area information for LIVADOCHORI

Choose one from the list below or click here to see them all (2) members only


Total area information: 2 information found around the area

Population Census

Year Population
1991 155
1981 266

Geographical Data

Type of location: Municipal district, Byzantine settlement
Postal Code: 81400
Tel +30 22540
Altitude: 42 meters
Longitude: 25o 11' 56.36" E
Latitude: 39o 54' 35.64" N

Distances:
15,5 Kilometers the capital of the island MYRINA, Small town, LEMNOS (LIMNOS) , GREECE

Geographical Boundaries

LIVADOCHORI (Village ) nearby KODIAS (Village, Town hall)>
KODIAS (Village, Town hall) belongs to NEA KOUTALI (Municipality)
NEA KOUTALI (Municipality) belongs to LEMNOS (LIMNOS) (Island)
LEMNOS (LIMNOS) (Island) belongs to LEMNOS (LIMNOS) (Province)
LEMNOS (LIMNOS) (Province) belongs to LESVOS (Prefecture)
LESVOS (Prefecture) belongs to NORTH AEGEAN (Region)
NORTH AEGEAN (Region) belongs to GREECE (Country)

Ferry Departures
From

Copyright 1999-2018 International Publications Ltd.