Liparo is situated in a flat area among the villages Kalivia
- Agios Georgios
- Galatades - Aspro
- Esovalta. It
is 10m above sea level and according to the 1991 census, it has 550 residents.
The distance from Giannitsa
is 18 Km and from Edessa
25 Km. The village has a very important history and two churches of which, the
one dates back to 606 A.D. In 29 of August the village celebrates the decapitation
of John the Baptist organizing a festival and cultural demonstrations.
The main occupation of the residents is the cultivation of asparagus,
peaches and vegetables in greenhouses. Some residents deal with the stockbreeding.
Liparo has a good street plan, which was designed in 1935. Along the main floodlighted
street with the traffic island, are gathered all the services of the village.
In the building of the community bureau are gathered the services of the Agricultural
Co-operation, the Agricultural Association and the community clinic.
Across the road there is the municipal refreshment stand. In a short
distance there are the church of Apostle Paul, the Primary School and the Kindergarten.
Near the village, on the way to Galatades, there is the building of the State
Vehicle Checking (KTEO) which is the only one in Pella Prefecture. On the west
side of the village, on the way to Aspro, is situated the playground of the football
team Aris of Liparo.
Map & Distances
25 Kilometers West-northwest (WNW) the prefectural capital EDESSA