In the right side of Gialos, a clock tower, named Roloi, built in
1881, counts for the Symiots the time which runs quietly in Symi.
In front of Roloi , Michalaki the little fisherman (made by Kostas
Valsamis) welcomes the ships, yachts and the caiques. The bell-tower of Evangelistria
looks like a true sentinel.
The Police, a remainder of the architecture from the years of the
Italian Occupation. In Tzi, there is a copy of the triemolia carved into a rock
of Acropolis of Lindus and an inscription written by the Dodecanesian Fotis Varelis
for the 8th of May. The Dove of Freedom by Kostas Valsamis. The Nautical Museum
of Symi with old maps, ship models, other exhibits from the maritime.
The Cathedral of Timios Prodromos, which was built in 1830 and refurbished
in 1869, with a marvelous pebbled yard.