The bridge connects the two banks of the lagoon linking Argostoli
with Drapano. Built in 1812,
it was constructed following the plans of De Bosset, a Swiss engineer of the English
Army. At first it was wooden but soon it was replaced with a new one built on
stone arches. Thirty years later the whole bridge was a stone.
This text (extract) is cited January 2004 from the Assoc. of Local Authorities of Kefalonia & Ithaca tourist pamphlet.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!