Agios Prokopios is a small community of cattle-breeders (100 inhabitants
in the winter and 250 during summertime) in an altitude of 620 m. in the wooded
slopes of Koziakas, among the crowns Drampala (1.298 m.), Dimitraki (1.300 m.)
and Diamandi (1.680 m.) under the famous homonymous monastery and above the dam
of the river Dramizioti, with the watermill of the 1880 next to it. From the top
of Drampala, we face the lake of Plastiras, the Thessalian plain and the castle
In the sources Tzjom, Mana, Fteri, Kanalako, Megakampo and Pergina of Padi plateau, are often seen roe deers, wolves, foxes, ferrets and some time bears.
From the big monastery of Agios Prokopios of the 18th century, which was extended in an area of 48 acres above the village, the only thing that remained afterwards its demolition in 1960, is ruins. In 1986 the temple of Ag. Prokopios went up from pedestals. Along with Agjos Prokopios, the name of a Saint is connected, Kosmas the Aitolos and that of a thief, Gioulas. The village celebrates the memory of Agios Prokopios on July 8, with dixies and folk revelry that follow the service.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!