Listed 5 sub titles with search on: Local governments
for wider area of: "PETRA
Local governments (5)
Municipalities' district offices
Tel: +30 22530 91243
Two kilometres east of Stypsi is Ipsilometopo, a small and attractive
village, buried in its green trees.
of the Archangel (Taxiarches), at the entrance to the village, a work of 1807,
is a scheduled monument. It is a three-aisled building in dark trachyte, with
three conches, three altars and a very fine carved and gilded wooden sanctuary
of Aslanis, amid tall plane trees, is well known for its crystal-clear water.
The Women's Agro-Tourism and Craft Industry Co-operative of Stypsi-Ipsilometopo
has a second workshop here.
Two kilometres from the village is the Chapel of St Demetrius, built
in 1954 on the site of the sanctuary of an Early
Christian three-aisled basilica, of which the column bases and numerous architectural
members have survived, scattered here and there or built into the chapel.
The fair of St Marina at Ipsilometopo on 17 July is very well attended.
Tel: +30 22530 91209
The town of Stypsi located on the northern site of the island of Lesvos,
a mountainous village 400 meters above the sea level 10 km. from Petra,
from the north is protected from the mountain of Lepetymnos.
Tel: +30 22530 41235, 42222,
Fax: +30 22530 41235
Villages' Council offices
Copyright 1999-2019 International Publications Ltd.