Pelasgiotis, inhabited by the Pelasgiotae (Pelasgiotai,), extended
S. of the Peneius, and along the western side of Pelion and Ossa, including the
districtcalled the Pelasgic plain. (Strab. ix. p. 443.) The name shows that this
district was originally inhabited by Pelasgians; and its chief town was Larissa,
a well known name of Pelasgic cities.
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography (1854) (ed. William Smith, LLD)