Galephos (Herod. vii. 122). A town on the N. coast of the peninsula of Sithonia,
which Colonel Leake takes to have been the same place afterwards called Physcella
(Plin. iv. 10; Pomp. Mela, ii. 3. § 1), a distinction which was required, as there
was another Galepsus at no great distance.
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography (1854) (ed. William Smith, LLD)