Halikurna: Eth. Hadikurnaios. A village of Aetolia, described by Strabo as situated
30 stadia below Calydon towards the sea Pliny places it near Pleuron. Leake discovered
some ruins, midway between Kurt-aga (the site of Calydon) and the eastern termination
of the lagoon of Mesolonghi, which he supposes to be the remains of Halicyrna.
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography (1854) (ed. William Smith, LLD)