A colony of Elis (D.7.32). Late 6th c. pottery has been found. The hill is fortified with a circuit wall ca. 1800 m long; tombs have yielded bronze mirror-disks.
N.G.L. Hammond, ed.
This text is from: The Princeton encyclopedia of classical sites, Princeton University Press 1976. Cited Nov 2002 from Perseus Project URL below, which contains bibliography & interesting hyperlinks.
Receive our daily Newsletter with all the latest updates on the Greek Travel industry.Subscribe now!