Listed 11 sub titles with search on: Homeric world
for destination: "CRETE
Homeric world (11)
Greeks of the Homeric Catalogue of Ships
Homer calls the island "of the hundred cities" (Il. 2.649). In the Odyssey, the poet mentions that there were ninety cities (Od. 19.174).
Nations & tribes
The native Cretans and one of the five tribes of the island (Od. 19.176).
- Cretans: Perseus Encyclopedia
- Cretans: Perseus Lookup Tool, text search
- Cretan: Perseus Lookup Tool, text search
One of the five tribes of the island (Od. 19.176).
- Cydonians: Perseus Lookup Tool, text search
Homer mentions that there were Dorians dwelling in the island of Crete (Od. 19.177).
- Dorians: Perseus Encyclopedia
Homer mentions that Pelasgians dwelt on the island of Crete (Od. 19.177).
- Pelasgian: Perseus Encyclopedia
Homer mentions that Achaeans dwelt in the island (Od. 19.175).
- Achaeans: Perseus Encyclopedia
Copyright 1999-2019 International Publications Ltd.