EL
Greek Travel Pages

Location information

Listed 10 sub titles with search on: Places of worship for wider area of: "LOKRIDA Province FTHIOTIDA" .


Places of worship (10)

Churches

Holy Temples of St Marina and St Nikolaos

Designed in 18th century


Holy Temple of Agios Dimitrios

Built in 1896


TITHOREA (Small town) FTHIOTIDA

Holy Temple of Agios Ioannis Theologos

designed at the beginning of 17th century


Holy Temple of Prophet Ilias

Designed in 17th century


Monasteries

Monastery of the Transfiguration

Tel: +30 22350 22209

LIVANATES (Small town) FTHIOTIDA

Monastery of St. George at Malessina

Tel: +30 22330 51292-3

  At the north East End of this town, and at a distance of one kilometer lies, deeply fixed in time (11th century), the Byzantine Holy Monastery of Agios Georgios. Up to 1599 the Temple was dedicated to Iperagia Theotoko (Mother of God). Today, only the Catholic Monastery remains in existence after the earthquakes, as well as some of its auxiliary buildings (Vordonaria, Fotanama, etc). At this landscape, the new Monastery was built. The Holy Temple is of stone, of Byzantine style and round the forecourt are built the cells and its auxiliary rooms.
  This text (extract) is cited November 2003 from the Community of Malessina tourist pamphlet (1996).


MONI DADIOU (Monastery) AMFIKLIA

Monastery of Dadi

Tel: +30 22340 22203

TRAGANA (Village) ATALANTI

You are able to search for more information in greater and/or surrounding areas by choosing one of the titles below and clicking on "more".

Ferry Departures
From

Copyright 1999-2019 International Publications Ltd.