The collection of Eleni Franzeskaki is housed in the building opposite the Gallery "L. Kanakakis" in Chimaras Street and includes works of traditional handicraft such as woven textiles, embroidery, and lacework.
It is housed in the old abbey, which is situated in the old town and has been restored recently. The exhibition represents one of the most important collections in Rethymno including molluscs, sponges, fish and various fossils.
It was founded in 1994 and is situated in Mitropoleos Square. The museum includes ecclesiastical relics dating back from 1816 up until the present, such as church utensils, icons, bells as well as the clock of the belfry, which had been functioning from 1894 up until 1986.