Vitsi Ski Center - Kastoria
Last Update: Jan 2012
Tel.: +30 24670 24884, 82666
Mobile: +30 6944-709190
Dec - Mar
: 1610 m up to 1880 m.
The ski center is located in the area of Oxya
settlement in Kastoria
prefecture, on Vitsi
top of Verno
mountain and at an altitude of 1610 m., inside a dense beech forest.
The Vitsi Ski Center has a total of five slopes, out of which:
- 1 red, Dinogianni, 1000 in length. Its name is a combination of two members of Alpine & Ski Club of Kastoria, Dinos & Giannis, who had a fatal accident there.
- 1 blue, Fofi, 1300 m in length.
- 2 green, for beginners, 150 m in length each, which are served from baby-lifts.
- 1 Lang Lauf, Arkouda, 2500 m in length.
The Dinogianni slope (central) is divided in such way that half its width is used by skiers, whereas the other half by snowboarders - in this part of the slope points for leaps have been formed, etc.
- 1 one-seat sliding lift with a capacity of 850 persons/hour.
- 2 baby-lift.
- Chalet with a cafe-restaurant.
- Snow bar, right next to baby-lifts.
- Ski and snowboard school.
- Ski and snowboard equipment rental store.
- Ample parking lot.
The ski center is only 22 km. away from Kastoria
town and has an asphalt, safe road, that is daily cleaned by snow-ploughs operated by the Kastoria Prefectural Authority.
The Vitsi Ski Center, as the others in Greece, operates from December to March. Its lifts are open on weekends and holidays 10.00-16.00, but also on Wednesday and Thursday afternoon 14.00-17.00.
The Vitsi Ski Center has been operating since 1985 and is run by Alpine & Ski Club of Kastoria
, Both, with the Lailias Ski Center
, are the only ones, that alpine & ski clubs are responsible for their management and operation. Downhill ski races in children's categories are organized yearly, through the official programme of the Hellenic Ski Federation
Services in the surrounding area
and the surrounding area there are, in total, approximately 2000 beds in many hotels and traditional guesthouses that, in majority, are new or have recently been renovated.
Sights/activities in the surrounding area
An excursion to Vitsi Ski Center can be enriched by visits to interesting sites of the area, as well as visits to Prespes lakes
Executives & Departments
- Mr Nikos Antoniou, Tel.: 6944-709190
- Mr Vasilis Vasiliou, Tel.: 6944-763036
- 534 Kilometers the capital of the country: ATHENS, GREECE
- 229 Kilometers the prefectural capital IOANNINA, EPIRUS, GREECE
- 22 Kilometers the prefectural capital KASTORIA, GREECE
- 399 Kilometers the prefectural capital KAVALA, GREECE
- 220 Kilometers the prefectural capital LARISSA, THESSALIA, GREECE
- 476 Kilometers the prefectural capital PATRA, ACHAIA, GREECE
- 222 Kilometers the prefectural capital THESSALONIKI, MAKEDONIA CENTRAL, GREECE
Principals / HQ / participations...
- Archaeological sites of interest:
- Auxiliary information by:
- Belongs to the company:
- Byzantine & Medieval Monuments:
- Companies related to the area:
- Medical care:
- Museums of interest:
- Archaeological Museum of Florina, FLORINA, GREECE
- Art Gallery of Florina Artists (Temporarily closed), FLORINA, GREECE
- Byzantine Museum of Kastoria, KASTORIA, GREECE
- Florina Museum of Contemporary Art, FLORINA, GREECE
- Fossilized Forest Museum of Nostimo, NOSTIMO, GREECE
- Museum of the Macedonian Struggle, THESSALONIKI, GREECE
- Neighbouring ski centers:
- Selected accommodation:
- Selected tourism enterprises:
- Florina Development Enterprise S.A., FLORINA, GREECE
- Florina Fire Brigade, FLORINA, GREECE
- Florina Police Headquarters, FLORINA, GREECE
- Kastoria Fire Brigade, KASTORIA, GREECE
- Police Department of Florina, FLORINA, GREECE
- Sports' Federations-Associations