Ioannina Airport is located 5 km away from Ioannina town. In 1953 was built the first terminal building, of a total area of 450m. Two extensions of its facilities, expanded its size to a total of 1.500 sq.m., as it is today. Since 2007 is called, also, King Pyrrus, from an ancient king of Arta town.
According to a statement issued by Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority on 04/12/2010 the operation hours of Ioannina Airport from 03/28/2010 to 10/30/2010 are daily 11:30-14:45 & 18:30-22:00