Thessaloniki International Airport "Maŕedonia", is located 14 km. southeast of Thessaloniki town, at the Mikra area, near the suburb of Perea.
It was operated for first time in 1930, when called Mikra - because of its location. In 1993 it was renamed in Makedonia, thereby taking that name of the Greek historical region, where it is located.
The building facilities lie to an area of 21,000 sq.m. and has two runways.
Serves domestic flights, international (to and from all European capitals) and about 3.5 million passengers a year.
According to a statement issued by Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority on 04/12/2010 the operation hours of Thessaloniki International Airport from 03/28/2010 to 10/30/2010 are 00:01-24:00 seven days a week.